Let me show you what I used up in December and I will also provide a mini review about each item as we go.
I did not use up any hair products this month, so we will start with body products:
- Ulta Moisture Intense Body Butter in Simply Clean: This is a thick creme meant for the whole body. I was going to use it as an extra gift, but I could not remove the price sticker without ripping the packaging, so I kept it, LOL.
- Would I repurchase? It was decent, but I would not go out of my way to repurchase this exact one.
- Clinique Happy Gelato Cream in Bloom: I bought this thick, lightly scented cream on Ulta on a whim. It has a delicate, heavenly scent. The consistency was a bit thick, so I used it only at night.
- Would I repurchase? Yes, though I am not rushing out to do so. I do prefer my LUSH products, and they are about the same price point.
- Posh Gender Bender: this is a charcoal based soap from the Posh product line. It is a "chunk" of soap, which basically means the size of your face. I used this to calm my skin when I had breakouts or sensitivity.
- Would I repurchase? Probably not, as I reached for it very infrequently.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This is a sensitive skin cream for the body. It has no scent, is light, and sinks into the skin well.
- Would I repurchase? Hard to tell with one try, but as I have a ton of lotions to use up, I will say no for now.
- Garnier Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream: Such a great product! This anti-fatigue night cream is thick and rich, sinking in and sitting on top of skin at the same time. With this and the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, you apply to clean skin and sleep with it on. In the morning, you can just leave it on or rinse the excess.
- Would I repurchase? Yes! The price point is quite reasonable for the quality. I woke up with soft skin.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: The Laneige brand is quite popular in subscription boxes. Other than that, I have never seen it sold. Have you? This formula had a lot more slip to it than the Garnier, and was a lot thinner. If you dislike a thick, frosting like formula, the Laneige formula may be more to your liking.
- Would I repurchase? Yes! Don't know where to buy it, though, LOL.
- Strivectin High Potency Wrinkle Filler: I received this sample in an Ulta Gift With Purchase makeup bag of samples. I love every Strivectin product I have tried, and this was no different.
- Would I repurchase? Yes, although it is out of my price range, usually. I'll be on the hunt for this at TJ Maxx!
- LUSH Cosmetics Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water: This is a spray bottle of toner to balance and, well, tone the skin. I carried this in my gym bag and sprayed it after my workouts.
- Would I repurchase? I recently received some water based sprays in swaps and from sub boxes, so I will use up those before I consider repurchasing this one.
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: I received this in a Sephora PLAY! box. I have used this in the past, and I love it every time I use it but then I seem to forget about it when I shop for a new bottle.
- Would I repurchase? Yes!
- LUSH Cosmetics Lemony Flutter: This is a super thick, super intense cuticle butter. It has a delicate lemony smell that is just delightful. Plenty of people in the nail polish world swear by this above all else, but I am not sure I enjoy the texture. It is super thick and, honestly, pretty greasy. I ended up using it on my feet and covering with socks overnight.
- Would I repurchase? Nope. Can't say I didn't try, though.
- HK Girl Topcoat by Glisten & Glow: It is no surprise that I am a huge fan of this topcoat. I have been using it for years and order it at least two at a time! There is no shrinking, no chipping for days, and it dries quickly enough to do your manicure before work!
- Would I repurchase? Yes! I have backup bottles sitting in my cabinet already.
- NUXE Multi Purpose Dry Oil: I received this deluxe sample in the same Ulta Gift With Purchase sample bag. This is an oil with a dry, sweet scent and feel. You can apply it to body, hair, face, or wherever you need a dose of hydration. I used it in the ends of my hair!
- Would I repurchase? This is another product that is often sent in sub boxes and, in fact, I have already received another! No need to repurchase, LOL.
- Stash by Sarah Jessica Parker Elixir Oil: This was also in the GWP. It is an oil "elixir" in the same scent as the perfume. You can use this on body or hair, not face. The scent is slightly heavier than the perfume - I assume it is the oil base dragging it down a little bit? I received enough to perfume my hair. It was nice, but not necessary.
- Would I repurchase? Nope.
That is it for this month! I have already started accumulating items for January as I was travelling over the holiday weekend and took sample items with me. I have read other posts where the goal was to use up 100 items for the year, so I will start to keep track of my empties each month, though I am not terribly worried about hitting that number.
Did you try any of these products this month?