Probably not, LOL.
But I did recently get the urge to purge and I literally threw out 16 items that just.had.to.go. I thought it might be interesting (and perhaps helpful to you) to see which ones and why. It'll be brief, I promise!
- Wet n Wild Coverall Medium/Deep: My skin is "medium/deep" maybe in August only. This foundation is correctly named - it does Cover All, but in a yucky, greasy way.
- Fergie BB Cream in Medium/Deep: see above.
- BB Cream from Sallys: Sometimes the beauty supply stores don't have the best products. This is a thick and yucky BB cream.
- L'Oreal Super Stay 24Hr Concealer, e.l.f. Concealer, Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer: I have yet to find an under-eye concealer that doesn't make my under eye issues look more pronounced. These have got to go.
Eye & Eyebrow Products:
- Bellimisa Masterful Eyes Mascara: I received this free samples from a form on a website. To be blunt, no wonder they are giving it away! This is a dry formula that flaked from the application. The brush is oversized and bushy, which is not helpful for separating lashes.
- e.l.f. Clear Mascara and Eyebrow Gel: This is an awesome product, super helpful, and at a $1 price point, I can replace it when the wands get yucky. I will re-purchase this!
- NYX Eyeliner in Green Shimmer: I believe I last wore this for a St. Patrick's Day party in 2012. Buh bye.
- Rimmel Pencil in Gold: See above, circa Christmas 2013. Got.to.go.
- Salon Perfect Eyebrow Brush: It is hard to see, but this brush, which is meant for your brows, has a SQUARE tip. How is that helpful? I have a difficult enough time trying to make myself not have Frida Kahlo brows - I have no room in my brush arsenal for a tool that isn't going to assist me properly.
- Chella Clear Eyebrow Gel: Lately I am favoring gel brow products applied with an angled brush. I also have too many eyebrow gels anyway, so this one got the boot.
- Salon Perfect Light Brown Brow Pomade: I was sent this color, along with a Medium and Dark shade, to try for review. Unfortunately, none of the three colors worked well for me. I have a couple of eyebrow products that are similar and I love (ABH, I mean you), and therefore, this one is getting sacrificed.
- NYC New York Color Cosmetics Finishing Powder: I truly believe that NYC is the most underrated cheapy brand out there. I do like this powder, but I prefer the yellow or green formulas more. I have had this tub forfreakinever and the cap is broken. It's messy and I can't take it anymore!!
- Benefit High Beam: Clearly I have had this little sample since 1992. Look how dried it is! Apparently, with all of the other options for awesome highlighters, I just haven't picked this up. It may now rest with dignity.
- Prestige Blush: I found this pretty pastel blush with inset highlighter for a whopping $2 at Job Lot. Unfortunately, the formula is stiff and it is near impossible to pick up any product. I am tossing this bad boy (see the scratches? It's not like I haven't tried to work with this!) and asking for a more pigmented and easy to operate pastel pink blush for Christmas.
There you have it! I sorted through my makeup and really thought about the items. I decided to throw away products that were old, that didn't perform well, and that just don't work for me. I feel really great about my descisions and I plan to do another purge after winter's thaw is over (wishful thinking for spring before the first snow!).