Every month there is a specific task related to blogging and beauty products. We all take pics, submit blogs, and answer questions to help one another out.
We would LOVE you to join us! Bloggers, go to BBHQ for more info!!
This month is funny for me, since I am moving. I don't have much space for my collection now AT ALL and I will be moving at the end of May from TX to CT so I'll be completely revamping and reorganizing not only my collection, but my entire life. Phew.
Anyway, let me show you what I am working with now, but first, here is the task:
This month we will be chatting about your beautiful collections!
Whether you blog about cosmetics, nails, skincare, hair, fashion or style - we want to see the collection behind the blog. Feel free to do an in depth tour or a gloss over glance, whatever makes you comfortable. Let's make this monthly task as helpful as possible for our bloggers looking for collection ideas, so here's some points to get the ball rolling (feel free to add in your own too).
I appreciate the question list, it gives me something good to start from!
So, sadly, for now, instead of gorgeous shelves and ample wall space like some have, I do not.
- Where do you keep your collection?
- What furniture or organizers do you use? (brand names and website links help)
This is my one beauty cabinet, but I LOVE IT. It had a plain exterior until I had my way with it, bahahaha. Inside, on the top shelf, I have acetone, nail wheels, my collection of lipbalms, and Lush containers that have samples. In the middle shelf, I used Beauty Army boxes for nail care and nail art products. The bottom shelf has my makeup train case on the left and my lippies in the pink on the right.
On the shelves, shown here, I have face products. Tonics, toners, wrinkle fighters, whatever. On the opposite door, I have my collection of cuticle and hand products. A polish blogger has got to have nice looking hands!
Once I spilled out of that cabinet, I bought a Melmer!
- Do you have a cataloging system? If so, can you share your secret?
- How do you keep it organized? By brand, color, type, etc.
I should've brought two, since (FYI) they fit about 500 polishes....Apparently, I'm over that since I am spilling out of this, too.
It also no longer has my bases and tops since my indie drawer is now overflowing. No complaints here! Yay small business!!
I dont have a proper cataloging system. I keep a running list called The Precious on my blog.
So, above, the top drawer has indies and minis. IT IS STUFFED. My middle drawer, below, has pinks to the left and random glittery polishes to the right.
Lastly, my bottom drawer is crammed-to-overflowing with all the other colors of the rainbow:
And for the last questions:
- Do you have any special displays for your favorite items?
- When you get new items, where do they go?
Unfortunatley, I dont have the space for a special display. I hope to soon. I also WANT a wall shelf but I am scared it'll come tumbling down. I've heard horror stories.
When I get new items, they go on the shelf, shown below, in the Victoria's Secret puppy train case and the shoe box. FANCY, HUH!?!?!? LOL. I told you it wasn't pretty - yet.
I also love all the cards that people send, so on the far left of the Untried Shelf, I have ALL the business cards and sweet notes that people have sent to me!! I don't have the heart to throw them out. :)
The last prompt of the task called for:
- For Fun, share your top 5 FAVORITE items in your beautiful collection :)
And that is the toughest part of all! Um....in NO particular order:
1. my cuticle products - Lush Lemony Flutter (which Samantha just sent to me today and I am already in love), Lemony Meringue from Ophelia's Apothecary, oils and balms from 365 Days Of Beauty
2. lip balms - Fresh are my favorites. Tokyo Milk Salted Caramel is a favorite, too. Haus of Gloi Mango Cream is my current favorite.
3. CUSTOM polishes! MBHM by Monster Polish, MBHMint and Lacey by A Girl Obsessed.
4. primers & bb creams - for the face, like Boscia, Dr Jardt, Young Blood, etc. I love the feel of a silky primer on my skin.
5. NAIL POLISH!!!!! I have over 600 now....I have too many faves and this post is getting long, so we will leave it at that!
Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to show you my new and improved set up in a month!
Find me on Facebook
Follow me on instagram!